E L Rose Conservancy
Coming Soon: A website with a new look and more content!  Please keep checking back.

About Us

The Conservancy is a not-for-profit organization, 501(C)3, established in 1987 to protect natural resources through land and water conservation, provide sanctuary for wildlife, and preserve scenic beauty. Named for Edward L. Rose, who was dedicated to maintaining the rural aspect of the area, the initial acquisition of 375 acres was accomplished through the generosity of a group of local citizens who purchased the land from Edward Rose’s estate.

The Rose inheritance dates back to 1809 when Dr. Robert Rose purchased 100,000 acres in Northeastern Pennsylvania in part of what was to become Susquehanna County. The area has remained rural since that time although there has been increasing development in recent years.

The Conservancy is supported through donations, gifts of land, and annual membership dues. All memberships and gifts qualify as tax deductible charitable contributions.

Donate Now